Thursday, March 11, 2010

A Broken Heart!

A heard this story long ago and it left a deep impression on me, so i would like to share it with you.

Once upon a time there was a young and handsome man who boasted that he had the most beautiful heart, wholesome and wonderful. He prided about his heart and always spoke about it. Once day he met an old man who had a heart that was like a jigsaw puzzle, made of random pieces which didnt even look like they would fit each other properly. The young man saw the old man's heart and felt disgusted, but then being curious, he confronted the man and asked him why his heart was in so many pieces. The old man smiled at the young one and explained, "my heart that you see is not my heart alone, but has a piece of the heart of almost everyone I have met so far in my life. I leave a piece of my heart with everyone I meet by loving them and they inturn reciprocate by giving me a piece of their heart. Over time this is how my heart has become and I carry the ones I love in my heart always. You, young man have to learn to love without condition and loose the beauty of the heart that you boast about to actually find true joy in life. It is easier not to love and not to feel the loss but that will not make life worth living. Life is truly worth living everytime you break a piece of your heart and give it to someone you love!"

The story finished thus - but it left a deep impression on me.... i dont even remember when i heard this story but i only know it made enough sense to cause a change in me. Hope it means as much to you as it means to me, cause i was the young man once but now i am trying to give a piece of my heart to everyone i meet!


2 comments: